Friday, January 28, 2011

Photo Challenge Week 2: Crime Scene Photoshoot


Photographer:Kristine Alberto
Set Designer/Make-up Artist/Photographer Assistant: Jeannine Green
Photographer Assistant: Kimberly McClure
Model: Melody Veltman


The crime scene photo shoot was something I thought I could not accomplish successfully.  I felt this way not because I thought of artistic abilities, but because of the time constraints.  However with the help from my loving friends, I accomplished what I thought was the impossible.

I wanted to do a crime scene photo shoot for sometime now.  So, when Mr. Pinto assigned us the assignment I was ecstatic.  Then, Mr. Pinto announced it was due next week; I instantly felt the stress.  To plan the photo shoot that is in my mind would take two weeks tops.  I have to find a model, a location, make-up artist, equipment, and so much more.  Thankfully, I have some amazing friends that were willing to help me!  Two students from the Art Institute, Jeannine Green and Melody Veltman, and my best friend, Kimberly McClure, volunteered to help.  Jeannine Green made the blood, did the make-up, and helped design the set; Melody Veltman modeled, brought the wardrobe, and make-up; Kimberly McClure made the evidence markers and helped with the planning; I provided the equipment, the location, photographed the photo, and did the post work on Photoshop.

In this photo shoot, I placed Melody on the mattress, once placed Jeannine did her magic to recreate a brutal crime scene.  I used one strobe with a grid, and directed it straight onto Melody to create that on camera flash effect.  During post work, I just converted it into black and white, and darken some areas. 

Overall, I believe I have accomplished the impossible and delivered a photo that looks like a brutal crime scene.  

4 comments:

  1. I agree that you did an amazing job here.....wow!!! I really thought this was a legitimate crime scene photo, awesome work! You should never doubt your abilities again! And, like your profile states, you would like to travel to remote destinations and capture rare sights and scenery, I also think it would be awesome to be able to photograph places that no one else has seen, or rarely seen. I was inspired by that idea when I saw a photo slideshow/video about 10 of the most interesting completely abandoned places on earth that were once inhabited by humans, and all life forms, and are now left desolate....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, writing from Italy here.
    Your Photo has been published as a 'real' crime scene here, together with other pictures of a secific crime scene. http://www.retenews24.it/strage-di-via-caravaggio-dopo-40-anni-si-chiudeil-giallo-napoletano-del-1975-finisce-in-archivio/1506981_1450106258558399_127062574_n/
    No copyright, of course.

    As such, is being republished elsewhere too.

    It is disrespectful of you and of the victim.

    ReplyDelete