Friday, January 28, 2011

EOC Week 3: Where are you now and where are you going?

I am a young 25 year old woman.  Everyone tells me I have so much to look forward to.  I have everything I need.  I may be young; however I have been faced with some difficult obstacles.  I am also the first generation to be born in the United States.  I believe that fact is very important because I was my parents “guinea pig”.  It was that and a combination of learning on my own which caused many mistakes.  Without saying too much personal information, I have been faced with financial issues that were not caused by me.  I have spent nine years trying to clear my name; to give myself the first opportunity to be financially stable.  I have had good credit; however that was taken from me.  Since then, I have had high payments in everything I encounter.  I live paycheck to paycheck, living with my parents, and trying to save money here and there.  I have put away 20 dollars every paycheck to save up for a rainy day, however it always seems like a financial emergency just comes up in my life every time I get some where.

I hope I do not sound too negative in the previous paragraph.  I believe adversity makes you stronger.  My financial status is just a part of my life that will keep me fighting and searching for ways to make my financial issues to be small.  If I keep on working hard, and keep focus, I can be at a point where I can say ‘I am stable’.  Then from there I, again, will work hard and keep focus to put money away for a retirement plan.  I believe retirement is a place to relax and not worry about money. Well, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment