Friday, March 18, 2011

EOC Week 10: Networking

Networking is an important aspect about a business.  Without networking, having a business and letting people know about a business will be rather difficult.  Networking is when you use certain ways to spread the news about your business and keeping your business alive.  For my business I will network through charity work, through my contacts, and a website.

One of my passions is charity work.  I have helped build a new playground/ garden for underprivileged children in Santa Rosa, CA.  I held a benefit dinner for the People Africa and raised money to build a water source for them; the benefit was held in Oakland, CA.  I also created and ran a scavenger hunt because I wanted to raise money for the cancer foundation in a creative and fun way.  I held this even in Las Vegas, NV and invited the younger generation, so they can give back and have a great day on the strip.  With all these said, I believe it would be a great idea to combine my creativity and talent to give back to the underprivileged people in Las Vegas, NV.  I want to hold a photo shoot for this groups\ of people to show that they are special and beautiful in every aspect.  I believe once I do these charities using my photography skills, then my name will travel from person to person.  Also, my company will be in people’s mind.

Not everyone knows about my great skills with photography (yet).  Once I spread the word to some people in my life, I know my business will be booming.  The Filipino community is huge in Las Vegas, NV.  Filipinos are very supportive people and also love to support other Filipinos.  Also, my dad is best friends with a man that has assisted for a local Filipina singer.  He also is currently assisting the lead singer of Journey.  Knowing my dad’s best friend will aid me to be involved with the entertainment/ event photography.

Once my name is spread around I would need to direct them somewhere, my website.  My website will showcase my portfolio, biography, and my contact information.  I believe once I have my own website people in the internet world will see my work and will tell their friends to tell their friends and so on.  Websites are so important because nowadays people are on their computers and their social networking site all day. 

These are three networking way to spread the word about my business; however there are so many more ways to network.  I know that charity work, my contacts, and my website are my first steps to network KMA Photography; and I cannot wait until my business gets around.

No comments:

Post a Comment