Friday, March 11, 2011

Photo Challenge Week 8: News Worthy


"Not So Sweet and Innocent Anymore"



My inspiration for a news worthy photo are the mug shots that are published for the newspapers, magazines, or the Internet. I researched on how mug shots are shot nowadays. I saw several photos and I was surprised on how many variations of mug shots are there. The expression from each person is a bit different. I found mug shots with people crying, smiling, dumb founded, and in pain. The only thing I found that was consistent was how it was shot. The photographer place the subject in front of a white background and had the subject in the center of the photo. As well, the photographer takes three shots: one with the subject facing the camera, another with the subject facing to the right, and one with the subject to the left. My favorite mug shot is of Heather Locklear. One of the most beautiful actresses in her time got arrested and had her mug shot done. Her eyeliner smudged, hair all nappy, and her expression were just blank. This mug shot made it to all of the entertainment news and magazines. People were shocked that there was a mug shot photo of the actress. I chose to recreate this epic mug shot.

First I asked my model to put on black pencil eyeliner. The reason for pencil eyeliner is because I found that pencil smudges better than any other type of eyeliner. Then I asked to put on some dark lipstick, and also to tease her hair sporadically. At the end of the hair and makeup process, my model looked as if she got arrested for prostitution and drug abuse. After hair and makeup, I placed her in front of a white wall and did the same process as the mug shot photographers. I did color correct my photo to make it look “unprofessional” in post.

No comments:

Post a Comment