Friday, March 18, 2011

Photo Challenge week 9: Eye Self-Portrait





This weekly photo challenge is about a self-portrait through someone’s eye. I have never heard of this technique and I thought it was really interesting. I am always interested on doing something new. Little do I know how difficult this assignment can be!


First, I asked my dad to pose for me. My dad thought it was a little weird that I needed just his eye, but he surrendered and helped me out. I tried shooting with my 50mm first and it was so difficult to get my camera in focus. So I tried my zoom lens, 100 mm, and it actually took the photo! However, you could not see me because of how far away I was. So, I went back to my 50mm. I tried shooting him in the shade, in the sun light, him facing the sun, the sun hitting the side of his face, and me in the sunlight and him in the shade. I can see the outline of myself, however it was not clear enough. After being frustrated with the lighting, I just changed my settings and I got a better shot of myself through my dad’s eye. For post work, I just cropped it a little tighter, so the viewer can concentrate on my reflection and not on the eye. I brightened my dad’s eye and darkened my dad’s eyebrows.

This assignment was by far the most difficult to be successful in. I believe I did a great job at this technique and will be doing more to perfect the self-portrait through someone’s eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment