Friday, March 4, 2011

Photo Challenge Week 6: Paparazzi



Ron Galella has absolutely made an impact in the paparazzi world. His images are raw. He usually shoots in film with on camera flash. His work is mostly done in black and white. My favorite photos by him are the ones where his subjects are running away, putting their hand out, or just avoiding him all together. These are my favorite because the photo allows me to look deeper. I look for what catches my eye, and also look for the story.

I decided to mimic Ron Galella style. I set my camera to black and white. I also put a Canon 580 Flash on to my camera. I then told my best friend, Kimberly McClure, to model for me. I asked her to wear something that looks high class. She wore a pea coat, a nice blouse, slacks, and heels. Even though Kimberly is not a famous celebrity, her wardrobe and appearance is. I made sure that her wardrobe was different tones because I was shooting in black and white. After wardrobe was discussed, I paired her up with my dog, Zoey. Zoey did not need much direction.

When we were ready to start shooting, I gave Kimberly her direction. I just told her to walk down the sidewalk and block your face with the umbrella. I also told her to pretend I was the annoying paparazzo, trying to get a photo. Then Ironically, I got the shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment